Together we’re better for people, animals and nature
We believe the best things are done together, as a team. We work closely with our partners at all stages of our production chain. This means we send a lot of emails, spend hours on the phone, and discuss things in detail face-to-face. It takes time, but it’s worth it. We’ve built up relationships that have spanned decades and we’ve learned a lot along the way. Trust and respect don’t just benefit us and our suppliers; they mean we can create the best products for you.
THE FJÄLLRÄVEN CODE OF CONDUCT
When we have a clear vision of how we want to work and what we want to achieve, a common language is needed to ensure everyone that works with us is aligned and working towards the same goal. This is why we created our Code of Conduct.
This document is the basis for how we do business and it’s non-negotiable. It’s based on the Fair Labor Association’s Workplace Code of Conduct and covers human rights, animal welfare, environmental protections, sustainable development and anti-corruption.
We provide training and support to ensure our suppliers fully implement our Code of Conduct. We – and third parties – audit and regularly visit our suppliers and if issues arise we are there to support and instigate positive change. We truly believe that what’s best for our suppliers, is best for us.
We don’t work in isolation. We share a common goal with many others in the outdoor clothing industry. Together we want to improve working conditions, reduce environmental impacts and eradicate mal-practice and corruption.
We’re part of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC) (http://www.apparelcoalition.org/), an industry-wide group of more than 80 leading clothing and footwear companies and NGOs. Together we share information and best practices, to work towards reducing the environmental and social impacts of our industry.
In 2013 we joined the Fair Labor Association (FLA) (http://www.fairlabor.org/). Like the SAC, the FLA is a multi-stakeholder organisation, but its focus is on promoting workers’ rights and improving working conditions globally. It’s enabled us to improve our approach to ethical sourcing around the world.
The UN’s remit encapsulates everything from climate change to human rights. Its strength comes from collaboration. It’s built on the belief that we’re all in this together. The UN Global Compact, which we’ve signed on to, is a partnership between businesses and the United Nations. Members are committed to aligning their operations and strategies with 10 universally accepted principles relating to human rights, labour, anti-corruption and the environment.
Our long-term goal is to reduce our impact on the planet. But we can’t completely eradicate our emissions. So we climate compensate some of our products, such as Eco-Shell garments, our Fjällräven Classic treks and business travel. When we compensate our emissions, we support renewable energy projects that have been verified by the UN and certified according to the Gold Standard, an independent quality assessment of carbon dioxide emission reduction projects. It’s supported by more than 60 non-profit organisations, including Greenpeace International and WWF International. Our goal is to reduce our CO2 emissions by 25% by 2020 and become completely carbon neutral by 2025.
1. General 1.1. The following terms and conditions apply to all orders placed by the customer (hereinafter referred to as "you“) with Ryslev Outdoor Pvt. Ltdreferred to as "Ryslev Outdoor Pvt. Ltd“ or "we“ at fjallraven-india.in.
1.2. We reserve the right to amend these Terms from to time without prior notice to you. The version of the Terms that will apply to your order will be those on the website at the time you place your order.
1.3. Contract language is English. 2. Prices and delivery charge 2.1 The prices and offers displayed on the Website are valid at the time they occur unless other specific terms are stated on the Website. Prices in stores, in catalogues and online may deviate from each other.
2.2. Whilst we make every effort to ensure that details are correct, we cannot be held responsible for any pricing or printing or spelling errors.
3. Ordering 3.1. Only persons over eighteen year’s age can place an order. Additionally, the order may not be placed for your or a third party´s commercial or self-employed activity. The delivery of goods only occurs in small amounts.
3.2. Each order submitted constitutes an offer to purchase merchandise from us. Orders are subject to our acceptance.
3.3. Once you have placed your order, and have supplied us with your email address, you will receive an order confirmation email. This receipt confirmation does not represent acceptance of your order but merely informs you that your order has been received. No purchase contract takes place until we dispatch the ordered product to you.
3.4. If for any reason we are unable to fulfill your order, we will let you know at the earliest opportunity. If payment for an order is processed and if we have already accepted payment for the order, this will be refunded using the payment method which you chose.
4. Delivery 4.1. We strive to keep the delivery time as short as possible.
4.2. Orders submitted on weekends and public holidays will be processed the following business day. We aim to deliver your order within the estimated timeframes but delays can occur. Of course you have the right to cancel your order if delivery is delayed.
4.3. Shortly after your order has been confirmed, you will receive an order confirmation email with details of your order. You can check the status of your order at any time by signing into your Account.
5. Cancellation rights If you change your mind or are not completely satisfied with any item(s), you may cancel or return your order from the date you place your order until 14 days after receipt of the ordered item(s) without any reason by giving written notice and returning the goods. The returned items provided that all unused items with their original packaging and garment tags still attached.
6. Payment methods You can only pay with for the goods. Please read our payment information. 7. Retention of title
The goods delivered to you will remain the property of Ryslev Outdoor Pvt. Ltd until payment is completed. As long as the property has not yet officially been handed over to you, you are obliged to handle the goods with the utmost care. If the delivered goods are seized or exposed to any interference by a third party, you are obliged to inform us of this immediately and in writing.
8. Product presentation and information
Whilst we strive to be very thorough regarding our product decommonions, product images and product colours, sometimes there might occur small mistakes. We can not guarantee that the colours of clothes are reproduced completely accurately. This is because the colours you see depend on the type of computer you have and the settings on it as well as the internet browser you use.
Should a product lack any features described or should an image not be an accurate representation of the product, of course, you are entitled to return it according to our return policy stated here without any additional costs. Please note and understand that we cannot give any discounts or other gestures of goodwill beyond the applicable legal warranty.
9. Guarantee 9.1 We offer a 1 year warranty period that starts from the purchase date stated on your receipt. For a warranty claim to be processed you should be able to present a receipt. During this period, we are fixing all faults that fall under the statutory warranty obligation. The warranty does not cover damages caused by misuse, normal wear, or damages caused by external impacts. Action during the warranty period means that the product is either repaired or replaced, the right to choose alternative may be limited by legal restriction.
If it is not possible to deliver a replacement product you may choose to terminate the purchase contract or accept a discount.
9.2 In the case of an authorized claim, Fjällräven will reimburse the return shipping costs.
9.3 If you wish to submit a warranty claim on a product purchased through our website, please contact our customer service via e-mail email@example.com 9.4 Note that we only accept goods purchased through our website,www.fjallraven.in For goods purchased in a store/through resellers, the warranty issues should be handled by the respective place of purchase that is specified on your receipt.
10. Damage in transit In the event of damage occurred in transit please report any visible damage directly to the carrier which has delivered the parcel to you. 11. Liability Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence. 11.2. We do not:
• accept any liability for damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from your use of the Website;
• guarantee which content and services will be available on the Website. All content and services on the Website are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis; or
• guarantee that the Website will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition nor that the information on the Website itself will be free from errors or omissions (however, we will use all reasonable endeavours to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable once they have been brought to our attention).
11.3. Our total liability to you for any loss or damage arising in connection with this agreement shall be limited to the total price of your order.
12. Force majeure
We are not responsible for any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these Terms if the delay or failure arises out of any event which is beyond our reasonable control. Such events shall include, without limitation, failure of infrastructure, government intervention, wars, civil commotion, hijacking, fire, flood, accident, storm, strikes, lockouts, terrorist attacks or industrial action affecting us or our suppliers.
14. Assignment Ryslev Outdoor Pvt. Ltd reserves the right to assign and to pledge any claims for payment that are due and have arisen in connection with goods delivered to third parties.
15. Copyright and other The design of this Web Site and all text, graphics, information, content, and other material displayed on or that can be downloaded from this Web Site are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws and may not be used except as permitted in these Terms and Conditions or with our express prior written permission.
16. Final provisions 16.1. These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Indian and any disputes that may arise shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Indian courts.
16.2. If any of these Terms are found to be invalid by any court or regulator, the other Terms shall continue to apply.